23 Apr Do you know how to wear a technology swimsuit properly?
A competitive technology swimwear is an advanced technology-engineered compressed swimwear that helps you swim faster, glide longer and reduce fatigue. If you combine a tight-fitting tech suit with full-body hair shaving, your body will be slimmer than ever and you’ll move faster through the water.
Competitive tech swimwear is made for both men and women and comes in a full range of options, including knee-length, ankle-length and full-body styles. So you know how to wear it properly yet?
The main differences between regular swimwear and tech swimwear
- Lighter textiles – these clothes can absorb water, and repel water, reducing drag. All competition technology swimsuits need to be approved by FINA in order for them to be legal in a competition. You’ll notice this approval mark if your suit has a black and white barcode.
- Flat stitching – To help glide in the water, these suites feature flat stitching and heat-bonding seams to keep you smooth all over.
- Extra Compression – These small and tight suits allow your body to flow more, and shape your body in a way that reduces fatigue and maintains speed throughout the race.
- More Expensive – A tech suit usually costs 10 times more than a regular workout. In addition, their lifespan is short. If you wear your suit more than a few times, they won’t hold as much compression anymore.
- Difficult to wear – These suits are specially designed to make the wearer feel extremely tight. Make sure you have at least 30 minutes to dry, put the suit on, then take a break before your next race.
The benefits of technology swimsuits
- Swim faster – these suits greatly reduce drag, you’ll actually swim a little faster
- Reducing fatigue – they keep your body in check, helping to improve your breathing.
- Better travel frequency (if you have less water resistance) – your movements will be more streamlined with the tech suit
- Psychological effects – you feel like a shark in that suit!
When should I buy a tech suit?
The tech suit is very expensive. We recommend purchasing a tech kit only if you are taking part in a major major tournament. While not a guarantee, they can give you the added edge to swimming faster in a race. These suits are not recommended for swimming in natural water conditions.
How to wear tech swimsuits for women?
How to wear technology swimsuits for Men?
Even if you wear tech swimsuits for your best psychological state of mind. But you won’t be able to win with a single suit without the skills. So, you always have to practice and prepare well for tournaments.